Underworld don Abu Salem shifted to Thane jail
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
Mumbai: Gangster Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was shifted from Navi Mumbai’s Taloja Central Jail to Thane jail on Friday.
This was done keeping in mind the recent attack on him inside the jail premises.
On June 27 this year, Salem was shot by Devendra Jagtap, an accused in the advocate Shahid Azmi murder case inside the Taloja jail.
Before this, he had been attacked inside Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail in 2010.
Salem had been deported from Portugal in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31