Underworld don Abu Salem shifted to Thane jail
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
Mumbai: Gangster Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was shifted from Navi Mumbai’s Taloja Central Jail to Thane jail on Friday.
This was done keeping in mind the recent attack on him inside the jail premises.
On June 27 this year, Salem was shot by Devendra Jagtap, an accused in the advocate Shahid Azmi murder case inside the Taloja jail.
Before this, he had been attacked inside Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail in 2010.
Salem had been deported from Portugal in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP