Undressed woman’s body recovered in Virar
Mumbai: The police recovered the undressed body of an unidentified woman from a secluded forest area in Virar, Thane district, on the Mumbai-Ahmedbad highway Thursday morning.
The police registered a case of murder after they found some external wound on the body of the woman who is likely to be between 22 years and 25 years of age.
The police arrived on the scene and took the body to the JJ Hospital for a postmortem. While the report is awaited, police sources said that body bears some strangulation marks on the neck and other marks indicating that the woman was attacked with some blunt object. The woman had suffered some head injuries, the police said.
The body had not decomposed, indicating that it was brought to the spot only last night, the police said.
The police have informed all police stations across the state to check if any missing person`s complaints had been filed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption