Undressed woman’s body recovered in Virar
Mumbai: The police recovered the undressed body of an unidentified woman from a secluded forest area in Virar, Thane district, on the Mumbai-Ahmedbad highway Thursday morning.
The police registered a case of murder after they found some external wound on the body of the woman who is likely to be between 22 years and 25 years of age.
The police arrived on the scene and took the body to the JJ Hospital for a postmortem. While the report is awaited, police sources said that body bears some strangulation marks on the neck and other marks indicating that the woman was attacked with some blunt object. The woman had suffered some head injuries, the police said.
The body had not decomposed, indicating that it was brought to the spot only last night, the police said.
The police have informed all police stations across the state to check if any missing person`s complaints had been filed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown