Undressed woman’s body recovered in Virar
Mumbai: The police recovered the undressed body of an unidentified woman from a secluded forest area in Virar, Thane district, on the Mumbai-Ahmedbad highway Thursday morning.
The police registered a case of murder after they found some external wound on the body of the woman who is likely to be between 22 years and 25 years of age.
The police arrived on the scene and took the body to the JJ Hospital for a postmortem. While the report is awaited, police sources said that body bears some strangulation marks on the neck and other marks indicating that the woman was attacked with some blunt object. The woman had suffered some head injuries, the police said.
The body had not decomposed, indicating that it was brought to the spot only last night, the police said.
The police have informed all police stations across the state to check if any missing person`s complaints had been filed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming