Undressed woman’s body recovered in Virar
Mumbai: The police recovered the undressed body of an unidentified woman from a secluded forest area in Virar, Thane district, on the Mumbai-Ahmedbad highway Thursday morning.
The police registered a case of murder after they found some external wound on the body of the woman who is likely to be between 22 years and 25 years of age.
The police arrived on the scene and took the body to the JJ Hospital for a postmortem. While the report is awaited, police sources said that body bears some strangulation marks on the neck and other marks indicating that the woman was attacked with some blunt object. The woman had suffered some head injuries, the police said.
The body had not decomposed, indicating that it was brought to the spot only last night, the police said.
The police have informed all police stations across the state to check if any missing person`s complaints had been filed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves