Unidentified object at Haji Ali identified as a buoy
Mumbai: Police and coast guard officials were in a tizzy after an unidentified object was seen drifting near the Haji Ali Dargah on Tuesday.
It was later identified as a buoy.
Coast guard officials said that a helicopter on surveillance sortie reported an adrift buoy close to the Haji Ali Dargah at 12 pm today.
"The buoy has caused some anxiety to locals and media persons who had apparently mistaken the same for a vessel," a coast guard official said.
Officials said that the same buoy was also located by a coast guard patrol unit on September 20 and navigational warning to seafarers were issued.
Such buoys are used for navigational purposes close to the coast, the coast guard official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users