Unidentified object at Haji Ali identified as a buoy
Mumbai: Police and coast guard officials were in a tizzy after an unidentified object was seen drifting near the Haji Ali Dargah on Tuesday.
It was later identified as a buoy.
Coast guard officials said that a helicopter on surveillance sortie reported an adrift buoy close to the Haji Ali Dargah at 12 pm today.
"The buoy has caused some anxiety to locals and media persons who had apparently mistaken the same for a vessel," a coast guard official said.
Officials said that the same buoy was also located by a coast guard patrol unit on September 20 and navigational warning to seafarers were issued.
Such buoys are used for navigational purposes close to the coast, the coast guard official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read