Unidentified object at Haji Ali identified as a buoy
Mumbai: Police and coast guard officials were in a tizzy after an unidentified object was seen drifting near the Haji Ali Dargah on Tuesday.
It was later identified as a buoy.
Coast guard officials said that a helicopter on surveillance sortie reported an adrift buoy close to the Haji Ali Dargah at 12 pm today.
"The buoy has caused some anxiety to locals and media persons who had apparently mistaken the same for a vessel," a coast guard official said.
Officials said that the same buoy was also located by a coast guard patrol unit on September 20 and navigational warning to seafarers were issued.
Such buoys are used for navigational purposes close to the coast, the coast guard official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman