Unidentified persons attack Indiabulls office in Mumbai
Mumbai: Around 15 unidentified persons pelted stones on the office of Indiabulls Finance Centre in Central Mumbai late in the evening. We are investigating the case and are trying to ascertain the identity of the vandals, police said.
The police have registered a case against unidentified persons who participated in the alleged attack. Shattered glass were strewn all around the entrance of the building, the police said.
Identities of the vandals and the reason behind the attack have not been ascertained and investigations are on, the police said.
Earlier in the day, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray had criticised the Maharashtra government for diverting drinking and irrigation water needed by drought-hit farmers, to the Indiabulls power plant, while speaking at a rally in Amravati.
However, it is not immediately known if the attack had anything to do with the MNS chief`s speech, sources said.
It may be recalled that recently, Bombay High Court had declined a plea by Vidarbha`s farmers to recall its March 2 judgement, in which the court had upheld allocation of 87.6 million cubic metres of water annually to Indiabulls` thermal power plant, near the drought-hit region in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation
- US to continue sanctions on some of Myanmar's sectors: John Kerry