Union tourism ministry proposes fast train between Mumbai-Goa
Panaji: The Union Tourism Ministry has proposed a fast train between Goa and Mumbai to attract more tourists to the coastal state.
Union Tourism Minister and local MP, Sripad Naik, today chaired a meeting of Goa government`s task force on tourism here. Afterwards, he told reporters that the Union Railway Ministry would be requested to sanction a fast train connecting Mumbai and Goa.
"People are facing scarcity of tickets. The trains are always full. The flight fares are skyrocketing. Due to this there is difficulty in getting more tourists to the state," said Naik.
A proposal for a luxury train on the lines of Palace on Wheels too would be taken up with the Railway Ministry, he said.
The forthcoming `Exposition of Relics` of St Fracis Xavier in Old Goa would be turned into a religious tourism event, it was decided in the meeting.
The decennial exposition would be held in the first week of December, and is expected to attract lakhs of tourists.
When asked whether Pope Fracis would be invited to the event, Naik said the invitation might be sent through the Union Ministry of External Affairs "but we wo
uld like to have the Pope for the exposition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?