Union tourism ministry proposes fast train between Mumbai-Goa
Panaji: The Union Tourism Ministry has proposed a fast train between Goa and Mumbai to attract more tourists to the coastal state.
Union Tourism Minister and local MP, Sripad Naik, today chaired a meeting of Goa government`s task force on tourism here. Afterwards, he told reporters that the Union Railway Ministry would be requested to sanction a fast train connecting Mumbai and Goa.
"People are facing scarcity of tickets. The trains are always full. The flight fares are skyrocketing. Due to this there is difficulty in getting more tourists to the state," said Naik.
A proposal for a luxury train on the lines of Palace on Wheels too would be taken up with the Railway Ministry, he said.
The forthcoming `Exposition of Relics` of St Fracis Xavier in Old Goa would be turned into a religious tourism event, it was decided in the meeting.
The decennial exposition would be held in the first week of December, and is expected to attract lakhs of tourists.
When asked whether Pope Fracis would be invited to the event, Naik said the invitation might be sent through the Union Ministry of External Affairs "but we wo
uld like to have the Pope for the exposition".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'