Union tourism ministry proposes fast train between Mumbai-Goa
Panaji: The Union Tourism Ministry has proposed a fast train between Goa and Mumbai to attract more tourists to the coastal state.
Union Tourism Minister and local MP, Sripad Naik, today chaired a meeting of Goa government`s task force on tourism here. Afterwards, he told reporters that the Union Railway Ministry would be requested to sanction a fast train connecting Mumbai and Goa.
"People are facing scarcity of tickets. The trains are always full. The flight fares are skyrocketing. Due to this there is difficulty in getting more tourists to the state," said Naik.
A proposal for a luxury train on the lines of Palace on Wheels too would be taken up with the Railway Ministry, he said.
The forthcoming `Exposition of Relics` of St Fracis Xavier in Old Goa would be turned into a religious tourism event, it was decided in the meeting.
The decennial exposition would be held in the first week of December, and is expected to attract lakhs of tourists.
When asked whether Pope Fracis would be invited to the event, Naik said the invitation might be sent through the Union Ministry of External Affairs "but we wo
uld like to have the Pope for the exposition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail