Unite against petrol price hike, says Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Calling for a united opposition to demand roll back in petrol price hike, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Thursday asked people to stand together against the government`s move.
"Shiv Sena and NDA will start a nationwide movement against this hike. Even a call for Bharat Bandh on the issue will be acceptable," Thackeray said in his party mouthpiece `Saamana` here today.
Despite the UPA government hiking petrol prices 16 times in the last three years, people of the country elected the Congress, he said.
"People should now wake up and bury the Congress. All opposition parties should unite and display public angst," Thackeray said.
"The price hike has broken the back of the common man but petrol is filled in cars of Sonia Gandhi and her ministers with government funds. The common man has to buy all things on his own," he mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate