University of Mumbai declares results in 10 days!
Mumbai: For the first time in the history
of University of Mumbai, results for the final year B Com
examinations, conducted last week, were declared in 10 days by
evolving a new methodology.
The October examinations for TY B Com, in which 19,000
students appeared, got over on October 18 and the results went
online today, Rajpal S Hande, Director, Board of Colleges and
University Development, told agency.
The March-April exam results will also be declared
within 20 days. "This (faster declaration of results) is part
of the examination reforms which the new Vice- Chancellor
Rajan Welukar has promised to the students," he said.
The university faced criticism after the March-April
examination results were declared after 89 days as against the
statutory requirement of 45 days.
Therefore, the university developed a new strategy to
fast track the declaration of results, Hande said.
In the last five years, the earliest results declared
were in 30 days, that was in 2008, he said.
"We set up six Centralised Assessment of Papers (CAP)
centres at South Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane," he said.
The entire process reduced the time of travel for
teachers to Kalina campus (in suburban Mumbai) for evaluation.
For the March exam next year, when nearly 6.5 lakh
students from 650 colleges are likely to appear, the number of
CAP centres will be raised to 15-20, Hande said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs