"Unwell" Hazare to skip Kejriwal ministry swearing-in
Ralegan Siddhi: Anna Hazare is yet to receive an invitation for the swearing-in ceremony of the Arvind Kejriwal-led government in Delhi but would not attend even if he got one owing to ill-health.
"Nahi, abhi letter nahi aaya (No, the invitation has not come yet)," Hazare said, when asked if he has received any invitation from his former protege for attending the oath taking ceremony.
"I will speak (to him) on December 26," Hazare said.
Kejriwal has requested Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung to allow him to take oath at the Ramlila Maidan on December 26, where Hazare had launched his movement for the Jan Lokpal in 2011.
Asked if he would attend the swearing-in ceremony if he received the invitation, Hazare said, "nahi, abhi toh mera tabiyat theek nahi (No, right now I am unwell)."
Hazare had yesterday declined to comment on the Kejriwal-led AAP`s decision to form the new government in Delhi, but added he would express his views when his former protege acts on the Lokayukta issue.
"Mein bolta hoon, Kejriwal par no comment. Koi baat nahi karna hai," Hazare had said.
Asked about Kejriwal`s party accepting outside support of Congress, Hazare said, "Whatever is good, let him do it... He will do whatever is right."
Hazare had parted ways with Kejriwal following his decision to form a political party. The relations between the Gandhian and the AAP convenor had hit a new low when he recently ordered a frontline leader of Kejriwal`s party Gopal Rai to leave his fast venue and village after he engaged in a spat with former Army chief General V K Singh. Singh had slammed Kejriwal and others for having deserted Hazare and formed a political party.
The AAP had immediately recalled Rai from Hazare`s fast venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog