UP, Bihar centre of terrorism: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday once again hit out at North Indians, describing Uttar Pradesh and Bihar as “centre of terrorism“.
A day after Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad claimed to have cracked the July 13, 2011 Mumbai blasts case and arrested two suspects, Thackeray said terrorists first receive training in states like Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and then attack Mumbai.
"I have been saying that due to influx of north Indians, terror activities are on the rise. The arrest of terrorists hailing from Bihar yesterday, in the 13/7 serial blasts case, has confirmed my claim," Raj told reporters here.
"The Bihar connection in 13/7 case has been exposed. Will someone pay attention towards it or not? I don`t know why a fuss is made over my statements," he added.
It may be noted that the two suspects arrested in connection with the 13/7 blasts hailed from Darbhanga in Bihar
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi criticised Raj for politicising the 13/7 serial blasts case.
"Terrorists shouldn`t be related to any region or religion. Raj Thackeray is politicising the issue in view of the upcoming civic elections," he told reporters.
Asking the government to gag the MNS chief from making such statements, he said leaders from north India like Jayaprakash Narayan and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, among others had fought for the country`s freedom struggle.
"North Indians have fought in the freedom struggle. They should live here (in Mumbai) with pride," he added.
It is not the first time that Thackeray has hit out at North Indians. In the past, his party carried out a campaign against North Indian migrants living in Mumbai and other areas of Maharashtra, warning them to go back to their state of origin.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital