Uproar in Maha Assembly over Mantralaya makeover scheme
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly was
on Tuesday adjourned twice after Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP created
uproarious scene while demanding a statement from Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan over the Mantralaya makeover project.
Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse raised the issue after
the Question Hour saying that Chavan had misled the House
during his reply yesterday on the debate of budgetary
provisions of the urban development department.
Khadse said as per the details received under the RTI
Act, the PWD department had sent a proposal to the Union
environment ministry that it wants to modernise and upgrade
Mantralaya, seat of the state government under the provisions
of the Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) scheme so that it
can get additional FSI.
Yesterday, Chavan had categorically stated that his
government has not taken any decision on the proposed
Mantralaya makeover project.
The Chief Minister had said that there are other means to
get additional FSI. "Developing Mantralaya under SRA scheme is
laughable," Chavan had said.
Khadse demanded strong action against the officials who
prepared the proposal of classifying Mantralaya as a slum and
redeveloping it under the SRA scheme.
"We have the proposal with us obtained through the RTI
Act," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them