Uproar in Maha Assembly over Mantralaya makeover scheme
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly was
on Tuesday adjourned twice after Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP created
uproarious scene while demanding a statement from Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan over the Mantralaya makeover project.
Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse raised the issue after
the Question Hour saying that Chavan had misled the House
during his reply yesterday on the debate of budgetary
provisions of the urban development department.
Khadse said as per the details received under the RTI
Act, the PWD department had sent a proposal to the Union
environment ministry that it wants to modernise and upgrade
Mantralaya, seat of the state government under the provisions
of the Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) scheme so that it
can get additional FSI.
Yesterday, Chavan had categorically stated that his
government has not taken any decision on the proposed
Mantralaya makeover project.
The Chief Minister had said that there are other means to
get additional FSI. "Developing Mantralaya under SRA scheme is
laughable," Chavan had said.
Khadse demanded strong action against the officials who
prepared the proposal of classifying Mantralaya as a slum and
redeveloping it under the SRA scheme.
"We have the proposal with us obtained through the RTI
Act," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal