UPS Madan is the new MMRDA Commissioner
Mumbai: Urvinder Pal Singh Madan was on Saturday appointed as the new commissioner of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
Madan succeeds Rahul Asthana, who retired on February 28.
He took charge from Shreekant Singh, Principal Secretary of Maharashtra Urban Development department, who was given additional charge of the post.
Prior to this, the 1983 batch IAS officer was serving as
the Vice Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
"The appointment is considered crucial especially as Madan has already worked with MMRDA as the project director for Mumbai Urban Transport Project for three years and as the Project Manager with Mumbai Transformation Support Unit (MTSU) also for three years," MMRDA said in a statement.
The 53-year-old, a graduate in commerce and law from Punjab University, has also held other significant posts such as Deputy Secretary and Director with the Department of Atomic Energy and Chief Electoral Officer of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30