UPS Madan is the new MMRDA Commissioner
Mumbai: Urvinder Pal Singh Madan was on Saturday appointed as the new commissioner of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
Madan succeeds Rahul Asthana, who retired on February 28.
He took charge from Shreekant Singh, Principal Secretary of Maharashtra Urban Development department, who was given additional charge of the post.
Prior to this, the 1983 batch IAS officer was serving as
the Vice Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
"The appointment is considered crucial especially as Madan has already worked with MMRDA as the project director for Mumbai Urban Transport Project for three years and as the Project Manager with Mumbai Transformation Support Unit (MTSU) also for three years," MMRDA said in a statement.
The 53-year-old, a graduate in commerce and law from Punjab University, has also held other significant posts such as Deputy Secretary and Director with the Department of Atomic Energy and Chief Electoral Officer of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece