UPS Madan is the new MMRDA Commissioner
Mumbai: Urvinder Pal Singh Madan was on Saturday appointed as the new commissioner of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
Madan succeeds Rahul Asthana, who retired on February 28.
He took charge from Shreekant Singh, Principal Secretary of Maharashtra Urban Development department, who was given additional charge of the post.
Prior to this, the 1983 batch IAS officer was serving as
the Vice Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
"The appointment is considered crucial especially as Madan has already worked with MMRDA as the project director for Mumbai Urban Transport Project for three years and as the Project Manager with Mumbai Transformation Support Unit (MTSU) also for three years," MMRDA said in a statement.
The 53-year-old, a graduate in commerce and law from Punjab University, has also held other significant posts such as Deputy Secretary and Director with the Department of Atomic Energy and Chief Electoral Officer of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM