UPS Madan is the new MMRDA Commissioner
Mumbai: Urvinder Pal Singh Madan was on Saturday appointed as the new commissioner of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
Madan succeeds Rahul Asthana, who retired on February 28.
He took charge from Shreekant Singh, Principal Secretary of Maharashtra Urban Development department, who was given additional charge of the post.
Prior to this, the 1983 batch IAS officer was serving as
the Vice Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
"The appointment is considered crucial especially as Madan has already worked with MMRDA as the project director for Mumbai Urban Transport Project for three years and as the Project Manager with Mumbai Transformation Support Unit (MTSU) also for three years," MMRDA said in a statement.
The 53-year-old, a graduate in commerce and law from Punjab University, has also held other significant posts such as Deputy Secretary and Director with the Department of Atomic Energy and Chief Electoral Officer of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail