Vasai MLA appointed member of PAC
Thane: Vasai MLA Vivek Pandit has been appointed member of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) by Speaker of the Maharashtra Legislature.
The PAC has powers to scrutinise accounts of the government and objections raised by the CAG.
"I am happy that I have got an opportunity to serve the people through this vital and powerful medium. I will try my best to fulfil people`s aspirations through this opportunity," Pandit said, soon after his appointment.
Before being elected as an MLA, Pandit ran `Samarthan` organisation which carried out study and research on the Budgets of the state and educated the legislators.
The organisation has a battery of experts in the subject matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'