Veenadevi Jawaharlal Darda passes away
Nagpur: Matoshri Veenadevi Darda, wife of late freedom fighter and founder editor of Lokmat group of newspapers Jawaharlal Darda, passed away after a prolonged illness at her residence here today, family sources said.
She was 85.
She was not keeping well since sometime.
Darda is survived by two sons - Rajya Sabha member Vijay Darda and incumbent Chairman of Lokmat group of newspapers and Maharashtra Education Minister Rajendra Darda.
Born in Kundallal Chordia family in Bela village of Nagpur district on June 8, 1927, she got married to Jawaharlal Darda on Jan 26, 1942 and soon after her husband jumped into the freedom struggle and went to jail.
Years later he became cabinet minister in Maharashtra, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16