Veteran actor Dilip Kumar hospitalised; stable
Mumbai: Veteran actor Dilip Kumar was admitted to a suburban hospital on Sunday after he complained of uneasiness in the chest.
"Dilip Kumar has been admitted to our hospital, he is in the intensive care unit (ICU) and his condition is stable," Lilavati Hospital spokesperson Dr Naresh Trivedi told PTI.
Kumar, 90, known as the `King of Tragedy`, essayed iconic roles in classics like Devdas, Madhumati, Mughal-e-Azam and Ganga Jamuna.
Dilip Kumar was born Muhammad Yusuf Khan on December 11, 1922, in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) and his acting career spanned six decades and over 60 films.
He was the first to receive Filmfare Best Actor honour when the awards were started in 1954 and, with eight wins, shares with Shahrukh Khan the record for the most number of Filmfare awards won in that category.
He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 1991 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994 for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
He was also nominated to Rajya Sabha for a term from 2000 to 2006.
In 1998, he was awarded the Nishan-e-Imtiaz, the highest civilian award conferred by the government of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016