Veteran actor Dilip Kumar hospitalised; stable
Mumbai: Veteran actor Dilip Kumar was admitted to a suburban hospital on Sunday after he complained of uneasiness in the chest.
"Dilip Kumar has been admitted to our hospital, he is in the intensive care unit (ICU) and his condition is stable," Lilavati Hospital spokesperson Dr Naresh Trivedi told PTI.
Kumar, 90, known as the `King of Tragedy`, essayed iconic roles in classics like Devdas, Madhumati, Mughal-e-Azam and Ganga Jamuna.
Dilip Kumar was born Muhammad Yusuf Khan on December 11, 1922, in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) and his acting career spanned six decades and over 60 films.
He was the first to receive Filmfare Best Actor honour when the awards were started in 1954 and, with eight wins, shares with Shahrukh Khan the record for the most number of Filmfare awards won in that category.
He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 1991 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994 for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
He was also nominated to Rajya Sabha for a term from 2000 to 2006.
In 1998, he was awarded the Nishan-e-Imtiaz, the highest civilian award conferred by the government of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read