Veteran freedom-fighter Chapalgaonkar no more
Mumbai: Veteran freedom-fighter Murlidhar Chapalgaonkar recently passed away following prolonged illness in Thane, family sources said.
The 86-year-old breathed his last on Wednesday, they said.
He had taken part in the Hyderabad Mukti Sangram, which led to the "liberation" of Marathwada region from the Nizam`s rule, and had also worked as a civil surgeon.
Chapalgaonkar is survived by a son and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured