Veteran freedom-fighter Chapalgaonkar no more
Mumbai: Veteran freedom-fighter Murlidhar Chapalgaonkar recently passed away following prolonged illness in Thane, family sources said.
The 86-year-old breathed his last on Wednesday, they said.
He had taken part in the Hyderabad Mukti Sangram, which led to the "liberation" of Marathwada region from the Nizam`s rule, and had also worked as a civil surgeon.
Chapalgaonkar is survived by a son and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards