Veteran freedom-fighter Chapalgaonkar no more
Mumbai: Veteran freedom-fighter Murlidhar Chapalgaonkar recently passed away following prolonged illness in Thane, family sources said.
The 86-year-old breathed his last on Wednesday, they said.
He had taken part in the Hyderabad Mukti Sangram, which led to the "liberation" of Marathwada region from the Nizam`s rule, and had also worked as a civil surgeon.
Chapalgaonkar is survived by a son and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months