Veteran socialist leader Mrinal Gore passes away
Mumbai: Veteran socialist leader and former MP Mrinal Gore passed away today after a brief illness, family sources said.
Gore, who was 84, had gone to Vasai in neighbouring Thane district at her daughter`s house and died in a hospital there, sources said.
Gore was elected to Parliament on a Janata Party ticket in 1977.
She had earned the sobriquet `Paniwali Bai` for her efforts in bringing drinking water supply to Goregaon, a Mumbai suburb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video