Veteran socialist leader Mrinal Gore passes away
Mumbai: Veteran socialist leader and former MP Mrinal Gore passed away today after a brief illness, family sources said.
Gore, who was 84, had gone to Vasai in neighbouring Thane district at her daughter`s house and died in a hospital there, sources said.
Gore was elected to Parliament on a Janata Party ticket in 1977.
She had earned the sobriquet `Paniwali Bai` for her efforts in bringing drinking water supply to Goregaon, a Mumbai suburb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt