Veteran socialist leader Mrinal Gore passes away
Mumbai: Veteran socialist leader and former MP Mrinal Gore passed away today after a brief illness, family sources said.
Gore, who was 84, had gone to Vasai in neighbouring Thane district at her daughter`s house and died in a hospital there, sources said.
Gore was elected to Parliament on a Janata Party ticket in 1977.
She had earned the sobriquet `Paniwali Bai` for her efforts in bringing drinking water supply to Goregaon, a Mumbai suburb.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?