Veteran trade unionist Kishore Pawar passes away
Pune: Veteran socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar died in a hospital here today due to old age-related ailments.
Pawar (86), who had been undergoing treatment for the last one month, was put on ventilator support last night, hospital sources said, adding that he passed away this morning.
Known for his strong commitment to various social causes and trade union issues, Pawar had participated in Hyderabad and Goa freedom struggle as well as the Samyukta Maharashtra movement.
He had close association with veteran socialist leaders like Jayprakash Narain, S M Joshi and N G Goray.
He also organised and led workers and sugarcane growers in the sugar cooperative belt in western Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!