Veteran trade unionist Kishore Pawar passes away
Pune: Veteran socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar died in a hospital here today due to old age-related ailments.
Pawar (86), who had been undergoing treatment for the last one month, was put on ventilator support last night, hospital sources said, adding that he passed away this morning.
Known for his strong commitment to various social causes and trade union issues, Pawar had participated in Hyderabad and Goa freedom struggle as well as the Samyukta Maharashtra movement.
He had close association with veteran socialist leaders like Jayprakash Narain, S M Joshi and N G Goray.
He also organised and led workers and sugarcane growers in the sugar cooperative belt in western Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test