VHP to oppose communal violence bill: Togadia
Nagpur: Hitting out at the National Advisory
Council (NAC), Vishwa Hindu Parishad`s international general
secretary Praveen Togadia on Monday said the saffron outfit will
launch an agitation to oppose the draft of `Prevention of
Communal and Targeted Violence` bill.
He alleged that NAC, headed by Sonia Gandhi, was
anti-Hindu and it wanted to brand the community as "criminal
tribe" through the bill.
Such a "draconian" law did not exist even in the Mughal
or the British periods, he said.
Nowhere in the world a person is presumed to be guilty
without a trial, he said, stating that the proposed bill had
provisions which were against the principle of natural
Speaking in Akola in the Maharashtra yesterday, Togadia
had criticised the bill and NAC, stating that the bill, if
enacted, would "oppress" the Hindus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler