VHP to oppose communal violence bill: Togadia
Nagpur: Hitting out at the National Advisory
Council (NAC), Vishwa Hindu Parishad`s international general
secretary Praveen Togadia on Monday said the saffron outfit will
launch an agitation to oppose the draft of `Prevention of
Communal and Targeted Violence` bill.
He alleged that NAC, headed by Sonia Gandhi, was
anti-Hindu and it wanted to brand the community as "criminal
tribe" through the bill.
Such a "draconian" law did not exist even in the Mughal
or the British periods, he said.
Nowhere in the world a person is presumed to be guilty
without a trial, he said, stating that the proposed bill had
provisions which were against the principle of natural
Speaking in Akola in the Maharashtra yesterday, Togadia
had criticised the bill and NAC, stating that the bill, if
enacted, would "oppress" the Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city