VHP to oppose communal violence bill: Togadia
Nagpur: Hitting out at the National Advisory
Council (NAC), Vishwa Hindu Parishad`s international general
secretary Praveen Togadia on Monday said the saffron outfit will
launch an agitation to oppose the draft of `Prevention of
Communal and Targeted Violence` bill.
He alleged that NAC, headed by Sonia Gandhi, was
anti-Hindu and it wanted to brand the community as "criminal
tribe" through the bill.
Such a "draconian" law did not exist even in the Mughal
or the British periods, he said.
Nowhere in the world a person is presumed to be guilty
without a trial, he said, stating that the proposed bill had
provisions which were against the principle of natural
Speaking in Akola in the Maharashtra yesterday, Togadia
had criticised the bill and NAC, stating that the bill, if
enacted, would "oppress" the Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars