VHP to oppose communal violence bill: Togadia
Nagpur: Hitting out at the National Advisory
Council (NAC), Vishwa Hindu Parishad`s international general
secretary Praveen Togadia on Monday said the saffron outfit will
launch an agitation to oppose the draft of `Prevention of
Communal and Targeted Violence` bill.
He alleged that NAC, headed by Sonia Gandhi, was
anti-Hindu and it wanted to brand the community as "criminal
tribe" through the bill.
Such a "draconian" law did not exist even in the Mughal
or the British periods, he said.
Nowhere in the world a person is presumed to be guilty
without a trial, he said, stating that the proposed bill had
provisions which were against the principle of natural
Speaking in Akola in the Maharashtra yesterday, Togadia
had criticised the bill and NAC, stating that the bill, if
enacted, would "oppress" the Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon