Vidarbha continues to reel under intense heat
Nagpur: There was a slight respite on Monday from scorching heat as compared to yesterday in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra though the temperatures continued to hover well above 40 degrees Celsius.
Bramhapuri, a small town in neighbouring Chandrapur district, today was the hottest city in Vidarbha, recording maximum temperate of 45.7 degrees Celsius.
Chandrapur city and Amravati, at 45.4 and 45.2 degrees Celsius respectively, and Nagpur at 44.7 degrees Celsius continued to reel under intense heat.
Maximum temperatures recorded at other prominent places in the region were Gondia 42.1, Washim 42.2, Wardha 43. 2 and Yavatmal 43 degrees Celsius, according to Regional Meteorological Office here.
Chandrapur had recorded the maximum temperature of 47.6 degree Celsius, in Vidarbha yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch