Vidarbha continues to reel under intense heat
Nagpur: There was a slight respite on Monday from scorching heat as compared to yesterday in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra though the temperatures continued to hover well above 40 degrees Celsius.
Bramhapuri, a small town in neighbouring Chandrapur district, today was the hottest city in Vidarbha, recording maximum temperate of 45.7 degrees Celsius.
Chandrapur city and Amravati, at 45.4 and 45.2 degrees Celsius respectively, and Nagpur at 44.7 degrees Celsius continued to reel under intense heat.
Maximum temperatures recorded at other prominent places in the region were Gondia 42.1, Washim 42.2, Wardha 43. 2 and Yavatmal 43 degrees Celsius, according to Regional Meteorological Office here.
Chandrapur had recorded the maximum temperature of 47.6 degree Celsius, in Vidarbha yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth