Vidhan Bhawan issues guidelines for photojournalists
Mumbai: Photojournalists and camera persons of TV news channels, covering the ongoing Budget session of Maharashtra Legislature, have been asked by Vidhan Bhawan authorities not to leave their designated spots and film or shoot from other locations in the premises.
Vidhan Bhawan principal secretary Anant Kalse has issued guidelines to photojournalists and TV news channels cameramen, asking them to refrain from coming near the steps at the main entrance, "at any cost."
"If legislators are giving objectionable slogans against a dignitary, it should not be photographed," Kalse said in a letter issued to media organisations.
Referring to photographers rushing near the Governor`s car in the porch to capture the ruckus created by Opposition members on day one of the ongoing session, Kalse said, "photographing the constitutional head of the state in such a way does not befit the legislature practices/traditions and standards."
"Interviewing/photographing anyone else than legislators in the Vidhan Bhawan premises is not allowed and at any cost, no one should come near the steps in the porch," the letter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!