Vijaya Mehta to be honoured with Jeevan Gaurav award
Mumbai: Veteran theatre personality Vijaya Mehta will be felicitated with the 22nd Jeevan Gaurav award, instituted by the Chaturang Pratishthan.
The award comprising cash prize of Rs one lakh, citation and memento will presented to Mehta at the two-day Chaturang Rang Sammelan to be held in December here or in Dombivali this year, a statement issued here on Saturday said.
Mehta is being felicitated for her contribution to progress and growth of experimental and commercial theatre.
Earlier, award winners include Bhalji Pendharkar, P L Deshpande and Lata Mangeshkwar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok