Vijaya Mehta to be honoured with Jeevan Gaurav award
Mumbai: Veteran theatre personality Vijaya Mehta will be felicitated with the 22nd Jeevan Gaurav award, instituted by the Chaturang Pratishthan.
The award comprising cash prize of Rs one lakh, citation and memento will presented to Mehta at the two-day Chaturang Rang Sammelan to be held in December here or in Dombivali this year, a statement issued here on Saturday said.
Mehta is being felicitated for her contribution to progress and growth of experimental and commercial theatre.
Earlier, award winners include Bhalji Pendharkar, P L Deshpande and Lata Mangeshkwar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report