Vilasrao Deshmukh ashes immersed
Yavatmal: The ashes of late Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh were immersed at the confluence of Wardha and Painganaga rivers in Wani Tehsil of the district.
The urns containing ashes of the departed leader were brought to Dhamangaon railway station from Mumbai yesterday.
They were taken to Yavatmal in a specially decorated vehicle and kept in the Town Hall for the public to have a glimpse and pay their last tributes, sources said.
Later, the urns were carried to the holy confluence of rivers by Congress workers and leaders where the ashes were immersed last evening, they added.
Deshmukh, a two time chief minister of Maharashtra, passed away on August 14 in a Chennai hospital due to a serious liver ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice