Vilasrao Deshmukh ashes immersed
Yavatmal: The ashes of late Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh were immersed at the confluence of Wardha and Painganaga rivers in Wani Tehsil of the district.
The urns containing ashes of the departed leader were brought to Dhamangaon railway station from Mumbai yesterday.
They were taken to Yavatmal in a specially decorated vehicle and kept in the Town Hall for the public to have a glimpse and pay their last tributes, sources said.
Later, the urns were carried to the holy confluence of rivers by Congress workers and leaders where the ashes were immersed last evening, they added.
Deshmukh, a two time chief minister of Maharashtra, passed away on August 14 in a Chennai hospital due to a serious liver ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt