Vilasrao Deshmukh`s ashes immersed at Ramtek
Nagpur: The ashes of late Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who passed away in Chennai on August 14, were immersed at the temple city of Ramtek, on Wednesday.
An urn containing ashes was earlier brought to the city by the
Vidarbha Express and was received by Maharashtra`s Minister for Social Justice Shivajirao Moghe, who is the district`s guardian minister and district Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta.
His ashes were taken in a bedecked vehicle in a procession to the Devadia Congress Bhawan, the party`s city headquarters and displayed.
Later in the evening, it was taken to Ramtek where it was immersed after religious rituals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31