Vilasrao Deshmukh`s ashes immersed at Ramtek
Nagpur: The ashes of late Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who passed away in Chennai on August 14, were immersed at the temple city of Ramtek, on Wednesday.
An urn containing ashes was earlier brought to the city by the
Vidarbha Express and was received by Maharashtra`s Minister for Social Justice Shivajirao Moghe, who is the district`s guardian minister and district Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta.
His ashes were taken in a bedecked vehicle in a procession to the Devadia Congress Bhawan, the party`s city headquarters and displayed.
Later in the evening, it was taken to Ramtek where it was immersed after religious rituals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump