Vilasrao Deshmukh`s prayer meet held
Mumbai: Prominent figures from politics, the business industry, Bollywood and other walks of life were among those who attended a prayer meeting held in memory of former Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on Friday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, several state ministers, Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and Milind Deora were among those present on the occasion.
Deshmukh`s family members including wife Vaishali, sons Amit, Riteish, Dheeraj and daughters-in-law Aditi, Genelia, Dikshika, and brother Diliprao accepted condolences.
Several Bollywood figures including Vilasrao`s old friend Subhash Ghai, Salman Khan, Pankaj Udhas, Poonam Dhillon, Suniel Shetty, Juhi Chawla, Chunky Pandey and Poonam Sinha were among those from the film fraternity who paid their last respects to the senior Congress leader.
The prayer meet was held at the NCPA auditorium in south Mumbai this evening.
Deshmukh passed away at a Chennai hospital on August 14 and was cremated at his village Babhalgaon in Latur district the next day.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi were among those who had attended the last rites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani