Vilasrao Deshmukh`s prayer meet held
Mumbai: Prominent figures from politics, the business industry, Bollywood and other walks of life were among those who attended a prayer meeting held in memory of former Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on Friday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, several state ministers, Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and Milind Deora were among those present on the occasion.
Deshmukh`s family members including wife Vaishali, sons Amit, Riteish, Dheeraj and daughters-in-law Aditi, Genelia, Dikshika, and brother Diliprao accepted condolences.
Several Bollywood figures including Vilasrao`s old friend Subhash Ghai, Salman Khan, Pankaj Udhas, Poonam Dhillon, Suniel Shetty, Juhi Chawla, Chunky Pandey and Poonam Sinha were among those from the film fraternity who paid their last respects to the senior Congress leader.
The prayer meet was held at the NCPA auditorium in south Mumbai this evening.
Deshmukh passed away at a Chennai hospital on August 14 and was cremated at his village Babhalgaon in Latur district the next day.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi were among those who had attended the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'