Vilasrao Deshmukh`s prayer meet held
Mumbai: Prominent figures from politics, the business industry, Bollywood and other walks of life were among those who attended a prayer meeting held in memory of former Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on Friday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, several state ministers, Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and Milind Deora were among those present on the occasion.
Deshmukh`s family members including wife Vaishali, sons Amit, Riteish, Dheeraj and daughters-in-law Aditi, Genelia, Dikshika, and brother Diliprao accepted condolences.
Several Bollywood figures including Vilasrao`s old friend Subhash Ghai, Salman Khan, Pankaj Udhas, Poonam Dhillon, Suniel Shetty, Juhi Chawla, Chunky Pandey and Poonam Sinha were among those from the film fraternity who paid their last respects to the senior Congress leader.
The prayer meet was held at the NCPA auditorium in south Mumbai this evening.
Deshmukh passed away at a Chennai hospital on August 14 and was cremated at his village Babhalgaon in Latur district the next day.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi were among those who had attended the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor