Villagers get compensation in NTCA rehab package
Chandrapur: Over 104 families from
village Jamni, located inside the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
(TATR) in the district, received the first instalment of Rs
one lakh, out of the total Rs 10 lakh declared as part of
their rehabilitation from the government, a release from
District Information Office said.
In order to clear the land for the National Tiger
Conservation Authority (NTCA), 222 families in the village
inside the TATR have been given two options by the government
NTCA Rehabilitation Package.
As per the first option, each family will be given Rs
10 lakh, so that people could shift and settle at any place of
their choice without any further government aid.
104 families have opted for this total cash compensation.
According to the second alternative, each family would
be rehabilitated by the government that will provide them land
in a nearby village, construct a house for them, besides
giving them a cash of Rs 50,000. 114 families have opted for
this, the release said. They will be relocated to Ambdi
village, which is located around 30 km from their village, on
Khadsangi-Samudrapur Road in Chimur tehsil of the district.
On Sunday, Minister for Environment and Cultural
Affairs, Sanjay Deotale distributed the cheques to the
beneficiaries. Forest officials including the Forest
Secretary, (Maharashtra State) Praveen Pardeshi, were present
on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Deotale called upon the
villagers to take active part in the rehabilitation process
and apprise the administration of any shortcomings so that
corrective measures are incorporated during execution of the
Pardeshi said that none of the eligible families from
the village would be denied of compensation package and hence
the list of beneficiaries would be verified by the Gram Sabha
Around four years back, the entire Botezari village
and 49 families of the Kolsa village within TATR were
rehabilitated at Bhagwanpur village, during the first phase of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble