Villagers get compensation in NTCA rehab package
Chandrapur: Over 104 families from
village Jamni, located inside the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
(TATR) in the district, received the first instalment of Rs
one lakh, out of the total Rs 10 lakh declared as part of
their rehabilitation from the government, a release from
District Information Office said.
In order to clear the land for the National Tiger
Conservation Authority (NTCA), 222 families in the village
inside the TATR have been given two options by the government
NTCA Rehabilitation Package.
As per the first option, each family will be given Rs
10 lakh, so that people could shift and settle at any place of
their choice without any further government aid.
104 families have opted for this total cash compensation.
According to the second alternative, each family would
be rehabilitated by the government that will provide them land
in a nearby village, construct a house for them, besides
giving them a cash of Rs 50,000. 114 families have opted for
this, the release said. They will be relocated to Ambdi
village, which is located around 30 km from their village, on
Khadsangi-Samudrapur Road in Chimur tehsil of the district.
On Sunday, Minister for Environment and Cultural
Affairs, Sanjay Deotale distributed the cheques to the
beneficiaries. Forest officials including the Forest
Secretary, (Maharashtra State) Praveen Pardeshi, were present
on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Deotale called upon the
villagers to take active part in the rehabilitation process
and apprise the administration of any shortcomings so that
corrective measures are incorporated during execution of the
Pardeshi said that none of the eligible families from
the village would be denied of compensation package and hence
the list of beneficiaries would be verified by the Gram Sabha
Around four years back, the entire Botezari village
and 49 families of the Kolsa village within TATR were
rehabilitated at Bhagwanpur village, during the first phase of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...