Villagers join hands to oppose petroleum project
Ratnagiri: Local villagers have formed a `Sangharsh Samiti` to put up a stiff opposition to the likely land acquisition process for a proposed petro-chemical project at Lote Parashuram industrial area in the district.
According to sources, the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) is likely to establish a petro-chemical project in the area, for which, around 3,000 acres of land around Boraj Nigade, Satvingaon, Methe, Lavel villages is required.
Therefore, residents of these villages have come together to oppose the proposal.
The District Collector also held a meeting with the villagers to know the reasons behind their opposition. Officials of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) were also prosent for the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee