Villagers join hands to oppose petroleum project
Ratnagiri: Local villagers have formed a `Sangharsh Samiti` to put up a stiff opposition to the likely land acquisition process for a proposed petro-chemical project at Lote Parashuram industrial area in the district.
According to sources, the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) is likely to establish a petro-chemical project in the area, for which, around 3,000 acres of land around Boraj Nigade, Satvingaon, Methe, Lavel villages is required.
Therefore, residents of these villages have come together to oppose the proposal.
The District Collector also held a meeting with the villagers to know the reasons behind their opposition. Officials of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) were also prosent for the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town