Villagers join hands to oppose petroleum project
Ratnagiri: Local villagers have formed a `Sangharsh Samiti` to put up a stiff opposition to the likely land acquisition process for a proposed petro-chemical project at Lote Parashuram industrial area in the district.
According to sources, the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) is likely to establish a petro-chemical project in the area, for which, around 3,000 acres of land around Boraj Nigade, Satvingaon, Methe, Lavel villages is required.
Therefore, residents of these villages have come together to oppose the proposal.
The District Collector also held a meeting with the villagers to know the reasons behind their opposition. Officials of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) were also prosent for the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say