Villagers join hands to oppose petroleum project
Ratnagiri: Local villagers have formed a `Sangharsh Samiti` to put up a stiff opposition to the likely land acquisition process for a proposed petro-chemical project at Lote Parashuram industrial area in the district.
According to sources, the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) is likely to establish a petro-chemical project in the area, for which, around 3,000 acres of land around Boraj Nigade, Satvingaon, Methe, Lavel villages is required.
Therefore, residents of these villages have come together to oppose the proposal.
The District Collector also held a meeting with the villagers to know the reasons behind their opposition. Officials of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) were also prosent for the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj