Vineeta Kamte welcomes confirmation of death penalty to Kasab
Mumbai: Welcoming the confirmation of death
penalty awarded to Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab for his role in the Mumbai attacks, the wife of 26/11 martyr IPS officer Ashok Kamte Monday demanded his execution at the
"Like everyone else, I also expected the Bombay High
Court to confirm the death sentence to Kasab. I welcome the
judgement and expect that the punishment would be executed at
the earliest," Vineeta Kamte said.
It was the rarest of rare case and everyone could see
Kasab firing at people, killing them mercilessly, Kamte said
adding, "the terrorist always deserved the toughest
The widow of then Additional Police Commissioner said the
Indian government needs to introduce stronger laws to punish
terrorists so that the would not even think of such attacks.
"Three or six months after the attack, Kasab should have
been hanged. Going by the pace of the trial, it was felt that
this was also considered like any other case. Due to various
provisions and the prevailing legal system, he is
unfortunately still safe and may also appeal before Supreme
Court or approach the President," Vineeta said.
If Indian government wants to instill confidence among
citizens, it should execute punishment to Kasab at the
earliest, said Vineeta, who penned "The Last Bullet" a book on
her late husband.
On November 26, 2008, Kamte, ATS chief Hemant Karkare
and `encounter specialist` Vijay Salaskar died fighting Kasab
and his accomplice Ismail Khan at the Cama hospital during the
terror strikes, which left 166 people dead.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know