Vishwajeet Kadam to contest Youth Congress polls
Nagpur: Hectic political activities have
picked up for the state Youth Congress elections to be held on September 17 and 18.
Vishwajeet, who is the son of Maharashtra Minister for Forests Patangrao Kadam, yesterday made it clear that he wants to contest the elections for the post of state Youth Congress chief.
He embarked upon his poll campaign in Vidarbha region
yesterday and would visit Bhandara, Gondia, Chandrapur,
Gadchiroli, Amravati, Yavatmal and Akola districts to muster
support for his candidature.
Kadam is likely to face competition from Satyajeet
Tambe, nephew of Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat for the
This time, the new Youth Congress president and his team
will be elected directly by enrolled voters and not nominated
as previously done, Kadam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss