Vishwajeet Kadam to contest Youth Congress polls
Nagpur: Hectic political activities have
picked up for the state Youth Congress elections to be held on September 17 and 18.
Vishwajeet, who is the son of Maharashtra Minister for Forests Patangrao Kadam, yesterday made it clear that he wants to contest the elections for the post of state Youth Congress chief.
He embarked upon his poll campaign in Vidarbha region
yesterday and would visit Bhandara, Gondia, Chandrapur,
Gadchiroli, Amravati, Yavatmal and Akola districts to muster
support for his candidature.
Kadam is likely to face competition from Satyajeet
Tambe, nephew of Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat for the
This time, the new Youth Congress president and his team
will be elected directly by enrolled voters and not nominated
as previously done, Kadam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy