Vishwajeet Kadam to contest Youth Congress polls
Nagpur: Hectic political activities have
picked up for the state Youth Congress elections to be held on September 17 and 18.
Vishwajeet, who is the son of Maharashtra Minister for Forests Patangrao Kadam, yesterday made it clear that he wants to contest the elections for the post of state Youth Congress chief.
He embarked upon his poll campaign in Vidarbha region
yesterday and would visit Bhandara, Gondia, Chandrapur,
Gadchiroli, Amravati, Yavatmal and Akola districts to muster
support for his candidature.
Kadam is likely to face competition from Satyajeet
Tambe, nephew of Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat for the
This time, the new Youth Congress president and his team
will be elected directly by enrolled voters and not nominated
as previously done, Kadam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read