Vishwajeet Kadam to contest Youth Congress polls
Nagpur: Hectic political activities have
picked up for the state Youth Congress elections to be held on September 17 and 18.
Vishwajeet, who is the son of Maharashtra Minister for Forests Patangrao Kadam, yesterday made it clear that he wants to contest the elections for the post of state Youth Congress chief.
He embarked upon his poll campaign in Vidarbha region
yesterday and would visit Bhandara, Gondia, Chandrapur,
Gadchiroli, Amravati, Yavatmal and Akola districts to muster
support for his candidature.
Kadam is likely to face competition from Satyajeet
Tambe, nephew of Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat for the
This time, the new Youth Congress president and his team
will be elected directly by enrolled voters and not nominated
as previously done, Kadam said.
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains