Vishwajeet Kadam to contest Youth Congress polls
Nagpur: Hectic political activities have
picked up for the state Youth Congress elections to be held on September 17 and 18.
Vishwajeet, who is the son of Maharashtra Minister for Forests Patangrao Kadam, yesterday made it clear that he wants to contest the elections for the post of state Youth Congress chief.
He embarked upon his poll campaign in Vidarbha region
yesterday and would visit Bhandara, Gondia, Chandrapur,
Gadchiroli, Amravati, Yavatmal and Akola districts to muster
support for his candidature.
Kadam is likely to face competition from Satyajeet
Tambe, nephew of Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat for the
This time, the new Youth Congress president and his team
will be elected directly by enrolled voters and not nominated
as previously done, Kadam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report