Volunteers take Anna’s message to train commuters
Mumbai: Hundreds of supporters of anti- corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday, boarded a suburban train to create awareness among the commuters about Jan Lokpal Bill for, which the Gandhian is on a fast since the last five days.
The volunteers from India Against Corruption (IAC), an umbrella body spearheading the Hazare-led agitation, came out with the novel idea.
"We are calling the train `Lokpal Express`. Our aim is to educate people about the Bill. We formed groups of at least 4-5 people who entered every compartment of the train. We
started with 200 people later the number of supporters went up to 600," Mannan Gandhi, an IAC member, told a news aganecy.
The volunteers boarded the 10.57 am Churchgate local train from Borivali, a western suburb, to spread their message.
The Railway was caught unawares by the drive. "We were not informed about the plan," Western Railway PRO C David said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth