Volunteers take Anna’s message to train commuters
Mumbai: Hundreds of supporters of anti- corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday, boarded a suburban train to create awareness among the commuters about Jan Lokpal Bill for, which the Gandhian is on a fast since the last five days.
The volunteers from India Against Corruption (IAC), an umbrella body spearheading the Hazare-led agitation, came out with the novel idea.
"We are calling the train `Lokpal Express`. Our aim is to educate people about the Bill. We formed groups of at least 4-5 people who entered every compartment of the train. We
started with 200 people later the number of supporters went up to 600," Mannan Gandhi, an IAC member, told a news aganecy.
The volunteers boarded the 10.57 am Churchgate local train from Borivali, a western suburb, to spread their message.
The Railway was caught unawares by the drive. "We were not informed about the plan," Western Railway PRO C David said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses
- For single women in Maharashtra, owning land can be the difference between life and death