Volunteers take Anna’s message to train commuters
Mumbai: Hundreds of supporters of anti- corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday, boarded a suburban train to create awareness among the commuters about Jan Lokpal Bill for, which the Gandhian is on a fast since the last five days.
The volunteers from India Against Corruption (IAC), an umbrella body spearheading the Hazare-led agitation, came out with the novel idea.
"We are calling the train `Lokpal Express`. Our aim is to educate people about the Bill. We formed groups of at least 4-5 people who entered every compartment of the train. We
started with 200 people later the number of supporters went up to 600," Mannan Gandhi, an IAC member, told a news aganecy.
The volunteers boarded the 10.57 am Churchgate local train from Borivali, a western suburb, to spread their message.
The Railway was caught unawares by the drive. "We were not informed about the plan," Western Railway PRO C David said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list