Voting for Nashik teachers` constituency begins
Nashik: Voting began in 199 polling centres in the Nashik division, comprising five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar on Monday for the teachers` constituency of the state legislative council, official sources said.
There are sixteen candidates in the fray for the seat, but the main fight is between the Congress-NCP candidate of the Teachers` Democratic Front (TDF) Rajendra Dhondiba Lande-Patil, another TDF rebel candidate Nimbaji Devram Nandre, Shiv Sena-Republican Party of India`s (Athavle) Sanjay Chavan and sitting Nashik Municipal Corporation`s corporator Apurva Hiray of TDF Ekikaran Samiti.
A total of 53,590 voters spread across five districts will cast their votes today, The candidate getting largest number of first preference votes will be declared elected, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote
- Rio Olympics 2016: Shooter Chain Singh to be discharged from hospital today
- 7.5% economic growth failed to change people's lives: Jean Dreze
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam