Voting for Nashik teachers` constituency begins
Nashik: Voting began in 199 polling centres in the Nashik division, comprising five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar on Monday for the teachers` constituency of the state legislative council, official sources said.
There are sixteen candidates in the fray for the seat, but the main fight is between the Congress-NCP candidate of the Teachers` Democratic Front (TDF) Rajendra Dhondiba Lande-Patil, another TDF rebel candidate Nimbaji Devram Nandre, Shiv Sena-Republican Party of India`s (Athavle) Sanjay Chavan and sitting Nashik Municipal Corporation`s corporator Apurva Hiray of TDF Ekikaran Samiti.
A total of 53,590 voters spread across five districts will cast their votes today, The candidate getting largest number of first preference votes will be declared elected, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state