Voting for Nashik teachers` constituency begins
Nashik: Voting began in 199 polling centres in the Nashik division, comprising five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar on Monday for the teachers` constituency of the state legislative council, official sources said.
There are sixteen candidates in the fray for the seat, but the main fight is between the Congress-NCP candidate of the Teachers` Democratic Front (TDF) Rajendra Dhondiba Lande-Patil, another TDF rebel candidate Nimbaji Devram Nandre, Shiv Sena-Republican Party of India`s (Athavle) Sanjay Chavan and sitting Nashik Municipal Corporation`s corporator Apurva Hiray of TDF Ekikaran Samiti.
A total of 53,590 voters spread across five districts will cast their votes today, The candidate getting largest number of first preference votes will be declared elected, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic