Voting for Nashik teachers` constituency begins
Nashik: Voting began in 199 polling centres in the Nashik division, comprising five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar on Monday for the teachers` constituency of the state legislative council, official sources said.
There are sixteen candidates in the fray for the seat, but the main fight is between the Congress-NCP candidate of the Teachers` Democratic Front (TDF) Rajendra Dhondiba Lande-Patil, another TDF rebel candidate Nimbaji Devram Nandre, Shiv Sena-Republican Party of India`s (Athavle) Sanjay Chavan and sitting Nashik Municipal Corporation`s corporator Apurva Hiray of TDF Ekikaran Samiti.
A total of 53,590 voters spread across five districts will cast their votes today, The candidate getting largest number of first preference votes will be declared elected, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Apple devices failing more than Android smartphones: Study
- Piers Morgan vs Indian Twitter: The battle isn't over yet as UK journalist provokes fans with THIS tweet
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives