Voting for Nashik teachers` constituency begins
Nashik: Voting began in 199 polling centres in the Nashik division, comprising five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar on Monday for the teachers` constituency of the state legislative council, official sources said.
There are sixteen candidates in the fray for the seat, but the main fight is between the Congress-NCP candidate of the Teachers` Democratic Front (TDF) Rajendra Dhondiba Lande-Patil, another TDF rebel candidate Nimbaji Devram Nandre, Shiv Sena-Republican Party of India`s (Athavle) Sanjay Chavan and sitting Nashik Municipal Corporation`s corporator Apurva Hiray of TDF Ekikaran Samiti.
A total of 53,590 voters spread across five districts will cast their votes today, The candidate getting largest number of first preference votes will be declared elected, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?