Wall collapse claims 5 lives in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five teenagers were on Saturday killed
after a compound wall collapsed in Sewree in South Mumbai
following incessant rains in the metropolis.
The incident took place around 2.30 PM when the Jubilee
Mill compound wall at T J Road collapsed killing the
youngsters, officials from disaster management cell of the
Brihnamumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
The deceased have been identified as Sayeed Ali Shaha
(11), Noor Mohammed Shaha (18), Ghulam Moinuddin Majiula Khan
(12), Adnan Hasan (12) and Shaufiq Sheikh (17).
According to officials, the city area recorded 17.3 mm of
rainfall while the eastern and western suburbs received 22 and
23 mm of rainfall respectively.
Meanwhile, two-three incidents of tree collapse have been
reported from across the city, officials said. However, there
were no causalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur