Wall collapse claims 5 lives in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five teenagers were on Saturday killed
after a compound wall collapsed in Sewree in South Mumbai
following incessant rains in the metropolis.
The incident took place around 2.30 PM when the Jubilee
Mill compound wall at T J Road collapsed killing the
youngsters, officials from disaster management cell of the
Brihnamumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
The deceased have been identified as Sayeed Ali Shaha
(11), Noor Mohammed Shaha (18), Ghulam Moinuddin Majiula Khan
(12), Adnan Hasan (12) and Shaufiq Sheikh (17).
According to officials, the city area recorded 17.3 mm of
rainfall while the eastern and western suburbs received 22 and
23 mm of rainfall respectively.
Meanwhile, two-three incidents of tree collapse have been
reported from across the city, officials said. However, there
were no causalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?