Wall collapse claims 5 lives in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five teenagers were on Saturday killed
after a compound wall collapsed in Sewree in South Mumbai
following incessant rains in the metropolis.
The incident took place around 2.30 PM when the Jubilee
Mill compound wall at T J Road collapsed killing the
youngsters, officials from disaster management cell of the
Brihnamumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
The deceased have been identified as Sayeed Ali Shaha
(11), Noor Mohammed Shaha (18), Ghulam Moinuddin Majiula Khan
(12), Adnan Hasan (12) and Shaufiq Sheikh (17).
According to officials, the city area recorded 17.3 mm of
rainfall while the eastern and western suburbs received 22 and
23 mm of rainfall respectively.
Meanwhile, two-three incidents of tree collapse have been
reported from across the city, officials said. However, there
were no causalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter