Wardha sizzles at 47.8 degrees, hot spell on in Vidarbha
Nagpur: Wardha in Vidarbha region was on Friday the hottest city in Central India, recording a maximum temperature of 47.8 degrees Celsius.
This was also the highest temperate so far this summer in Vidarbha, which continued to remain in the grip of a hot spell, the Met department said here.
Chandrapur and Bramhapuri, both recorded maximum of 47.5 degrees, closely followed Wardha, which was the hottest city in Vidarbha in eastern Maharashtra throughout May.
There was no respite in Nagpur, Maharashtra`s second capital, where the mercury touched 46.7 degrees Celsius mark.
Following were the maximum temperatures recorded in other important places in Vidarbha: Akola 45.2 degrees, Amravati 44.6, Buldana 40.2, Gondia 45.3, Washim 42.8 and Yavatmal 44.8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists