Wardha sizzles at 47.8 degrees, hot spell on in Vidarbha
Nagpur: Wardha in Vidarbha region was on Friday the hottest city in Central India, recording a maximum temperature of 47.8 degrees Celsius.
This was also the highest temperate so far this summer in Vidarbha, which continued to remain in the grip of a hot spell, the Met department said here.
Chandrapur and Bramhapuri, both recorded maximum of 47.5 degrees, closely followed Wardha, which was the hottest city in Vidarbha in eastern Maharashtra throughout May.
There was no respite in Nagpur, Maharashtra`s second capital, where the mercury touched 46.7 degrees Celsius mark.
Following were the maximum temperatures recorded in other important places in Vidarbha: Akola 45.2 degrees, Amravati 44.6, Buldana 40.2, Gondia 45.3, Washim 42.8 and Yavatmal 44.8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi