Water cut in Mumbai for four days beginning today
Mumbai: Residents of south Mumbai and city
suburbs will have to brace for a fresh phase of four-day water
cuts starting from Wednesday as the local civic body has taken
up major repair work in order to augment water supply in the
The water cuts, which will end on May 21, will vary from
25 per cent to 100 per cent depending on the area.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is fixing a
2,400 mm butterfly valve and a 2,450 mm diameter branch on the
Upper Vaitarna main as part its 3,000 mm Maroshi-Vakola-Mahim-
Ruparel Tunnel project. The Upper Vaitarna main pipeline has
to be isolated for about 90 hours for this work.
"Tansa (East) and Tansa (West) and Upper Vaitarna and
Vaitarna Trunk water mains are being replaced from Maroshi to
Ruparel with 3,000 mm dia tunnel with intermediate shafts at
Vakola and Mahim for modified distribution pattern and
improvement of water supply," an official from hydraulic
On May 18 and May 20, areas like Cuffe Parade, Colaba,
Sabusiddik Road area, Navy area, Malabar Hills, Peddar Road,
and Carmicheal Road will face 100 per cent water cut.
On May 19 and May 21, there will be no water supply at
the localties -- Nariman Point, Marine Lines, Marine Drive,
Backbay Reclamation, Fort and Churchgate area, Kalbadevi, C P
Tank, Girgaum, Thakurdwar, Mumbai Central, Khetwadi, Tardeo,
Babulnath, Walkeshwar, Forjeet Street, Bhulabhai Desai Road,
Nepean Sea Road, and Mahalaxmi Temple area.
On all the four days, Dadar and N M Joshi Marg, Andheri
(East) area, Andheri (West) and Oshiwara will face 25 per cent
cut in water supply. Also, supply will be available with low
pressures in Santacruz (East) and Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra, Khar and Santacruz (West).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya