Water release from KRS stopped due to poor storage
Mandya: The water release from Krishnaraja Sagar Reservoir into canals for irrigation purpose has been stopped from December 31 due to scarcity of water in view of the depleting storage, officials said on Wednesday.
"Water level in the reservoir is depleting day by day. The dam is facing acute shortage of water for summer crops. An appeal has been made to farmers coming under KRS canals not to cultivate summer crops," Superintendent Engineer (Irrigation) Shankare Gowda said.
Enough water was released for standing crops from August 16 to December 31, he said adding the water level this year had not reached maximum level due to inadequate rainfall.
Moreover Supreme Court`s order to release water to Tamil Nadu also caused depletion in water level of the dam, Gowda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug