Water released from dams as rains continue in Nashik
Nashik: Incessant rains continued to lash the city and its adjoining areas for the third consecutive day Thursday forcing the irrigation department to release water from Gangapur dam.
There was flooding at several places because of it, police said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation and the concerned state departments have alerted people residing on the banks of river Godavari as more water was likely to be released from the dam following heavy rains in its catchment areas.
Water was also released from Darna and Bhavali dams owing to the heavy rains, irrigation sources said.
Major dams in the district have recorded a remarkable increase in water-stock, forcing irrigation department to release 23,000 cusecs water from six dams--Gangapur, Darna, Mukane, Bhavali, Kadva and Nandurmadhmeshwar, sources said adding that the Gangapur dam, the main source of supply for Nashik city, and Darna have filled up to 83 and 74 per cent, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured