Water released from dams as rains continue in Nashik
Nashik: Incessant rains continued to lash the city and its adjoining areas for the third consecutive day Thursday forcing the irrigation department to release water from Gangapur dam.
There was flooding at several places because of it, police said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation and the concerned state departments have alerted people residing on the banks of river Godavari as more water was likely to be released from the dam following heavy rains in its catchment areas.
Water was also released from Darna and Bhavali dams owing to the heavy rains, irrigation sources said.
Major dams in the district have recorded a remarkable increase in water-stock, forcing irrigation department to release 23,000 cusecs water from six dams--Gangapur, Darna, Mukane, Bhavali, Kadva and Nandurmadhmeshwar, sources said adding that the Gangapur dam, the main source of supply for Nashik city, and Darna have filled up to 83 and 74 per cent, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations