What caused the Mumbai Mantralaya fire?
Mumbai: Even as flames encased the Maharashtra government headquarters popularly known Mantralaya, speculation is rife as to the reason behind the fire.
Initial reports suggest that the fire may have been caused due to short-circuit, for that is a common reason for a conflagration of this scale.
News reporters on the site also wondered whether it could have been set off by a cigarette that may have not been extinguished.
However given that security set up, safety precautions and fire preparedness in a building that is at the heart of government operations, reporters wondered whether conspiracy theories can be ruled out; especially, as sensitive papers in cases such as Adarsh scam may be housed at the Mantaralaya.
While the reason for the fire would be investigated, the cause of the initial spark remains anyone’s guess.
Meanwhile, it is believed the fire that broke out on the fourth floor started at around 3 pm and spread to the Chief Minister’s office.
While 200-300 may have been in the building when the fire broke out, there are no reports of casualties so far.
The Chief Minister was not in the building at the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?
- NHRC notice to Tamil Nadu over botched eye surgeries
- Tired of boring office attires? Pump up with fresh style hacks this season
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon