When a wife told her husband about his family’s misdeeds…
Mumbai: Among the many cases of crime against women that are registered across the Thane region, here is one more horrifying case. A woman, sexually harassed by her father-in-law and brother-in-law, told her husband of his family’s deeds. In response, the husband smeared chilli powder on her private parts.
According to the police, Naziya Ajmer Pathan, 22, was married to Ajmer Khwaja Pathan. In the last week of December, Naziya’s brother-in-law (the victim’s sister-in-law’s husband) Huzoor Pathan caught her hand and asked her to sleep with him, but she refused. She complained about his behaviour to her husband. But her husband didn’t believe her and applied chilli powder to her private parts. SD More, senior police inspector at Wagle Estate police station, said, “Later, her father in law Ajmer Pathan asked the girl to sleep with him. Fed up, the girl filed a complaint against the three men on January 02, and they were arrested.”
The Wagle Estate police station has registered the case under Section 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and Section 326 (Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of the Indian Penal Code. The three culprits were produced in Thane court on January 03, and given judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued