When a wife told her husband about his family’s misdeeds…
Mumbai: Among the many cases of crime against women that are registered across the Thane region, here is one more horrifying case. A woman, sexually harassed by her father-in-law and brother-in-law, told her husband of his family’s deeds. In response, the husband smeared chilli powder on her private parts.
According to the police, Naziya Ajmer Pathan, 22, was married to Ajmer Khwaja Pathan. In the last week of December, Naziya’s brother-in-law (the victim’s sister-in-law’s husband) Huzoor Pathan caught her hand and asked her to sleep with him, but she refused. She complained about his behaviour to her husband. But her husband didn’t believe her and applied chilli powder to her private parts. SD More, senior police inspector at Wagle Estate police station, said, “Later, her father in law Ajmer Pathan asked the girl to sleep with him. Fed up, the girl filed a complaint against the three men on January 02, and they were arrested.”
The Wagle Estate police station has registered the case under Section 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and Section 326 (Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of the Indian Penal Code. The three culprits were produced in Thane court on January 03, and given judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred