White paper won`t help Ajit Pawar: BJP
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday said if the white paper on the status of irrigation projects in Maharashtra, expected to be put before the state cabinet this evening, was a ruse to facilitate NCP leader Ajit Pawar`s reentry into government, it would only be "an anticipatory bail".
Pawar had recently quit as Deputy Chief Minister over allegations of corruption in the irrigation department, which he handled for many years.
"If Pawar is returning to cabinet after the white paper is published, then it would be like only an anticipatory bail," Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawade said, talking to reporters here.
"The reality and facts should come before the people through the white-paper," Tawade said, adding, flaws in the policies should also come to light.
"Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had said all the details will be disclosed through the paper. He should keep his word."
If the government failed to come up with a genuine white paper, the opposition would publish "a black paper" on December 11, the second day of the coming winter session of the state Legislature in Nagpur, Tawade said.
A white paper on irrigation projects, which reportedly claims that there was a 28 per cent increase in "irrigation potential" in Maharashtra in the last ten years, is expected to be tabled at the state cabinet meeting this evening.
Tawade said BJP had all the figures related to cost escalation of various irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf