Why is Sharad Pawar silent on nephew`s remarks? asks Sena
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Wednesday asked why NCP chief Sharad Pawar was "silent" on the issue of the controversial remarks made by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on drought and loadshedding.
"Where is Sharad Pawar....What is Pawar exactly doing, when his nephew has harmed the culture of Maharashtra? Even the people from Baramati would be asking this question," an editorial in party mouthpiece Saamana said on Wednesday.
Where is the Union Agriculture Minister, who usually acts like a consultant and a guide and sometimes even reprimands the one who commits mistake, the editorial said.
"Inspite of bringing some relief to the drought afflicted people, Ajit Pawar has made some crass remarks," it mentioned.
The editorial further said that a case of sedition should have been registered against Pawar and he should be sacked from the Cabinet. But, he instead apologised by reading from a piece of paper and even Sharad Pawar used twitter--microblogging site to apologise to the people.
"Since when Pawar started taking help of twitter to express his views?" the editorial questioned.
Referring to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray for working towards the farmers, it said the NCP chief had sneered at him. However, he (Pawar) is now quiet on the remarks made his nephew and state`s deputy chief minister.
"Pawar has neither castigated his nephew by addressing through a public meeting nor has he sent him home by sacking from the ministry," it said.
It alleged that if there would have been some other political leader then not only Sharad Pawar, but even state Home Minister R R Patil and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal would have attacked that leader.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" Ajit Pawar had said in an insensitive comment at Indapur near Pune on last Saturday that set off a controversy in the state reeling under severe drought.
The NCP leader had followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state, saying, "I have noticed that more children are being born since the lights go off at night. There is no other work left."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow