Why is Sonia mum on 2G, asks Thackeray
Mumbai: Criticising Congress President
Sonia Gandhi for being "quiet" on the 2G spectrum scam, Shiv
Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday hit out at Home Minister P
Chidambaram, saying he should resign immediately.
"The yuvraj of Congress (Rahul Gandhi) is very vocal
on the corruption by Mayawati. However, he is not saying
anything on the corruption by his own government," Thackeray
said in an editorial party mouthpiece `Samaana`.
"His mummy (Sonia Gandhi) is also quiet on the issue.
The Prime Minister is also not opening his mouth. The truth is
hidden in the silence," the Sena chief added.
Thackeray said if the Congress really welcomes the
Supreme Court decision, then not only Chidambarama but Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh should also resign on moral grounds.
"Congress cannot get away by blaming responsibility of
the world`s biggest scam on a minister," he said.
Referring to a note by Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee, Thackeray said, "had Chidambaram decided, the scam
would have been averted."
"If Chidambaram would have decided, the scam could
have been stopped. A letter in this regard was sent by the
finance ministry to the Prime Minister, isn`t that true?" he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state