Why Maharashtra Govt buying costlier electricity from pvt firms: BJP
Mumbai: BJP leader and leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said the state government should have sought electricity from the central grid in the face of power shortage.
"I spoke to the Union Coal Minister and he is ready to provide electricity as per the state`s needs. But according to the rules, the state has to request the Centre, which it has not done yet," he told reporters here.
About Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s statement that the state was looking to buy electricity from private companies, Tawde said, "If the central government is ready to provide electricity, why does the state need to go to private companies?
"Taking electricity from private companies means shelling out more money. Why does the state want to purchase electricity at a higher cost remains a question," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock