Why Maharashtra Govt buying costlier electricity from pvt firms: BJP
Mumbai: BJP leader and leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said the state government should have sought electricity from the central grid in the face of power shortage.
"I spoke to the Union Coal Minister and he is ready to provide electricity as per the state`s needs. But according to the rules, the state has to request the Centre, which it has not done yet," he told reporters here.
About Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s statement that the state was looking to buy electricity from private companies, Tawde said, "If the central government is ready to provide electricity, why does the state need to go to private companies?
"Taking electricity from private companies means shelling out more money. Why does the state want to purchase electricity at a higher cost remains a question," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch