Why no action against those who demolished Babri, asks Abu Azmi
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi on Monday sought action against those involved in the demolition of Babri masjid in Ayodhya in 1992.
"Why is there no action against those who demolished Babri? Now people are openly talking about building Ram temple (there)," Azmi told reporters here.
"The Tamil Nadu Assembly passes a resolution in favour of Rajiv Gandhi`s killers. Same is done in case of Indira Gandhi`s killers by the Akalis. How can terrorists be supported like this?" Azmi asked.
"Had Omar Abdullah or any other Muslim said the same about Afzal Guru, they would be seen as the biggest terrorists," he said.
"How do I believe that the law is equal for all in this country?" Azmi said, adding, Afzal Guru`s family should have been informed of the execution before hand.
"No action has been taken against police inspector Sujata Patil, who used objectionable language against the Muslims," he said.
Patil had written a poem in Mumbai police`s in-house journal, in which she had called last year`s Azad Maidan protesters as "snakes" and "traitors" and suggested that their hands should have been "chopped off".
On the alleged "hate speech" of VHP leader Praveen Togadia, Azmi said, "Both Owaisi and Togadia are spreading hatred. If Owaisi is behind bars, why not Togadia?"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!