Why no action against those who demolished Babri, asks Abu Azmi
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi on Monday sought action against those involved in the demolition of Babri masjid in Ayodhya in 1992.
"Why is there no action against those who demolished Babri? Now people are openly talking about building Ram temple (there)," Azmi told reporters here.
"The Tamil Nadu Assembly passes a resolution in favour of Rajiv Gandhi`s killers. Same is done in case of Indira Gandhi`s killers by the Akalis. How can terrorists be supported like this?" Azmi asked.
"Had Omar Abdullah or any other Muslim said the same about Afzal Guru, they would be seen as the biggest terrorists," he said.
"How do I believe that the law is equal for all in this country?" Azmi said, adding, Afzal Guru`s family should have been informed of the execution before hand.
"No action has been taken against police inspector Sujata Patil, who used objectionable language against the Muslims," he said.
Patil had written a poem in Mumbai police`s in-house journal, in which she had called last year`s Azad Maidan protesters as "snakes" and "traitors" and suggested that their hands should have been "chopped off".
On the alleged "hate speech" of VHP leader Praveen Togadia, Azmi said, "Both Owaisi and Togadia are spreading hatred. If Owaisi is behind bars, why not Togadia?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune