Why red-carpet treatment to Pak artists: Raj Thackeray
Thane: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Sunday asked why Pakistani artists were given a red-carpet treatment in India.
Addressing a cultural programme here, Thackeray said he is never opposed to any art or artistes, but did not like the manner in which the country welcomed Pakistani artists.
"Is Asha Bhosle or Lata Mangeshkar invited to perform in Pakistan? If they are not, why should we invite artists from Pakistan?" he asked.
Thackeray further said the participation of Pakistani artists in `Sur Kshetra` music reality show was not justified. "One should realise that the Pak artists participate in the shows, earn good money and just walk way."
The producers of such TV shows should do some soul-searching and should not forget the terror attacks in the country, in which, innocent people had lost their lives, he said.
Raj Thackeray said he gave a go-ahead to `Sur Kshetra` after film producer Boney Kapoor met him.
The MNS chief further said that he would do anything for the survival of Marathi films. "My first passion is film making and had I not been in politics, I would have been a film maker," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years