Why red-carpet treatment to Pak artists: Raj Thackeray
Thane: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Sunday asked why Pakistani artists were given a red-carpet treatment in India.
Addressing a cultural programme here, Thackeray said he is never opposed to any art or artistes, but did not like the manner in which the country welcomed Pakistani artists.
"Is Asha Bhosle or Lata Mangeshkar invited to perform in Pakistan? If they are not, why should we invite artists from Pakistan?" he asked.
Thackeray further said the participation of Pakistani artists in `Sur Kshetra` music reality show was not justified. "One should realise that the Pak artists participate in the shows, earn good money and just walk way."
The producers of such TV shows should do some soul-searching and should not forget the terror attacks in the country, in which, innocent people had lost their lives, he said.
Raj Thackeray said he gave a go-ahead to `Sur Kshetra` after film producer Boney Kapoor met him.
The MNS chief further said that he would do anything for the survival of Marathi films. "My first passion is film making and had I not been in politics, I would have been a film maker," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi