Why was Asaduddin Owaisi not allowed to hold rally at Aurangabad: HC
Aurangabad: The Bombay High Court on Thursday asked the city police commissioner to file an affidavit explaining the rationale behind the order prohibiting MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi from addressing public meetings here.
The division bench here of justices P V Hardas and S B Deshmukh adjourned the hearing for a week.
Owaisi was to address rallies here today and tomorrow.
After the Maharashtra police handed over a notice to Owaisi asking him not to address the public meetings, local organisers moved the high court. The notice, served to Owaisi in Hyderabad, also said he had been prohibited from entering Aurangabad city.
Advocate S S Quadri appeared for MIM, whereas Advocate S P Kurundkar represented the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'