Why was Asaduddin Owaisi not allowed to hold rally at Aurangabad: HC
Aurangabad: The Bombay High Court on Thursday asked the city police commissioner to file an affidavit explaining the rationale behind the order prohibiting MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi from addressing public meetings here.
The division bench here of justices P V Hardas and S B Deshmukh adjourned the hearing for a week.
Owaisi was to address rallies here today and tomorrow.
After the Maharashtra police handed over a notice to Owaisi asking him not to address the public meetings, local organisers moved the high court. The notice, served to Owaisi in Hyderabad, also said he had been prohibited from entering Aurangabad city.
Advocate S S Quadri appeared for MIM, whereas Advocate S P Kurundkar represented the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead