Why was Asaduddin Owaisi not allowed to hold rally at Aurangabad: HC
Aurangabad: The Bombay High Court on Thursday asked the city police commissioner to file an affidavit explaining the rationale behind the order prohibiting MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi from addressing public meetings here.
The division bench here of justices P V Hardas and S B Deshmukh adjourned the hearing for a week.
Owaisi was to address rallies here today and tomorrow.
After the Maharashtra police handed over a notice to Owaisi asking him not to address the public meetings, local organisers moved the high court. The notice, served to Owaisi in Hyderabad, also said he had been prohibited from entering Aurangabad city.
Advocate S S Quadri appeared for MIM, whereas Advocate S P Kurundkar represented the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report