Why was Asaduddin Owaisi not allowed to hold rally at Aurangabad: HC
Aurangabad: The Bombay High Court on Thursday asked the city police commissioner to file an affidavit explaining the rationale behind the order prohibiting MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi from addressing public meetings here.
The division bench here of justices P V Hardas and S B Deshmukh adjourned the hearing for a week.
Owaisi was to address rallies here today and tomorrow.
After the Maharashtra police handed over a notice to Owaisi asking him not to address the public meetings, local organisers moved the high court. The notice, served to Owaisi in Hyderabad, also said he had been prohibited from entering Aurangabad city.
Advocate S S Quadri appeared for MIM, whereas Advocate S P Kurundkar represented the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon