Widespread rains in Vidarbha region, three killed
Nagpur: Three persons were killed due to heavy rains in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra in the last 24 hours, official sources said Tuesday.
While a 40-year-old man was washed away in a water stream in Manapur village of Gadchiroli district, two persons including a 45-year-old woman were swept away by strong current in Primpra rivulet of Kelapur taluka in Yavatmal district.
From June 1 till yesterday 3,700 mm rainfall was recorded in the region, met sources said.
While 458.7 mm rainfall was recorded at Nagpur airport so far, 300.1 mm was recorded in Nagpur district.
Following are the rainfall recorded in various districts of Vidarbha, according to the regional meteorological centre, Nagpur.
Nagpur-300.1 mm, Wardha 262.2, Bhandara 409, Gondia 359.8, Chandrapur 473.1, Gadchiroli 512, Amravati 338.8, Akola 328.9, Yavatmal 447.7, Buldana 255.9 and Washim 415.6 mm.
About 2,220 families were shifted to safer places from 58 villages in Arni, Darwah, Digras, Kalamb and Ghatanji in Yavatmal district by the district authorities.
The authorities have swung into action to acess the damage done by floods in Yavatmal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog