Widespread rains in Vidarbha region, three killed
Nagpur: Three persons were killed due to heavy rains in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra in the last 24 hours, official sources said Tuesday.
While a 40-year-old man was washed away in a water stream in Manapur village of Gadchiroli district, two persons including a 45-year-old woman were swept away by strong current in Primpra rivulet of Kelapur taluka in Yavatmal district.
From June 1 till yesterday 3,700 mm rainfall was recorded in the region, met sources said.
While 458.7 mm rainfall was recorded at Nagpur airport so far, 300.1 mm was recorded in Nagpur district.
Following are the rainfall recorded in various districts of Vidarbha, according to the regional meteorological centre, Nagpur.
Nagpur-300.1 mm, Wardha 262.2, Bhandara 409, Gondia 359.8, Chandrapur 473.1, Gadchiroli 512, Amravati 338.8, Akola 328.9, Yavatmal 447.7, Buldana 255.9 and Washim 415.6 mm.
About 2,220 families were shifted to safer places from 58 villages in Arni, Darwah, Digras, Kalamb and Ghatanji in Yavatmal district by the district authorities.
The authorities have swung into action to acess the damage done by floods in Yavatmal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India