Widespread rains in Vidarbha region, three killed
Nagpur: Three persons were killed due to heavy rains in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra in the last 24 hours, official sources said Tuesday.
While a 40-year-old man was washed away in a water stream in Manapur village of Gadchiroli district, two persons including a 45-year-old woman were swept away by strong current in Primpra rivulet of Kelapur taluka in Yavatmal district.
From June 1 till yesterday 3,700 mm rainfall was recorded in the region, met sources said.
While 458.7 mm rainfall was recorded at Nagpur airport so far, 300.1 mm was recorded in Nagpur district.
Following are the rainfall recorded in various districts of Vidarbha, according to the regional meteorological centre, Nagpur.
Nagpur-300.1 mm, Wardha 262.2, Bhandara 409, Gondia 359.8, Chandrapur 473.1, Gadchiroli 512, Amravati 338.8, Akola 328.9, Yavatmal 447.7, Buldana 255.9 and Washim 415.6 mm.
About 2,220 families were shifted to safer places from 58 villages in Arni, Darwah, Digras, Kalamb and Ghatanji in Yavatmal district by the district authorities.
The authorities have swung into action to acess the damage done by floods in Yavatmal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh