Wife commits suicide before husband`s eyes on a webcam in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Alleged dowry harassment has claimed another life, this time in Mumbai`s Vile Parle.
A 27-year-old woman ended her life by hanging herself while her husband watched in horror on a webcam, reports said.
The incident took place while the two were chatting over the Internet.
The woman was upset and arguing with her husband whose parents had sent her back refusing to accept their marriage.
The husband immediately called the woman`s family members but no one was able to reach in time.
As per reports, the duo had secretly married in court. But the two were living separately as the man`s parents allegedly demanded a dowry of Rs 20 lakh.
The police have registered a case of dowry and have begun investigations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis