Wife commits suicide before husband`s eyes on a webcam in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Alleged dowry harassment has claimed another life, this time in Mumbai`s Vile Parle.
A 27-year-old woman ended her life by hanging herself while her husband watched in horror on a webcam, reports said.
The incident took place while the two were chatting over the Internet.
The woman was upset and arguing with her husband whose parents had sent her back refusing to accept their marriage.
The husband immediately called the woman`s family members but no one was able to reach in time.
As per reports, the duo had secretly married in court. But the two were living separately as the man`s parents allegedly demanded a dowry of Rs 20 lakh.
The police have registered a case of dowry and have begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report