Wife commits suicide before husband`s eyes on a webcam in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Alleged dowry harassment has claimed another life, this time in Mumbai`s Vile Parle.
A 27-year-old woman ended her life by hanging herself while her husband watched in horror on a webcam, reports said.
The incident took place while the two were chatting over the Internet.
The woman was upset and arguing with her husband whose parents had sent her back refusing to accept their marriage.
The husband immediately called the woman`s family members but no one was able to reach in time.
As per reports, the duo had secretly married in court. But the two were living separately as the man`s parents allegedly demanded a dowry of Rs 20 lakh.
The police have registered a case of dowry and have begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump