Wife commits suicide before husband`s eyes on a webcam in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Alleged dowry harassment has claimed another life, this time in Mumbai`s Vile Parle.
A 27-year-old woman ended her life by hanging herself while her husband watched in horror on a webcam, reports said.
The incident took place while the two were chatting over the Internet.
The woman was upset and arguing with her husband whose parents had sent her back refusing to accept their marriage.
The husband immediately called the woman`s family members but no one was able to reach in time.
As per reports, the duo had secretly married in court. But the two were living separately as the man`s parents allegedly demanded a dowry of Rs 20 lakh.
The police have registered a case of dowry and have begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read