Will ensure villages, India`s poor have access to 24-hour electricity: PM Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur: Inaugurating NTPC`s thermal power station at Mouda near Nagpur, Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised the nation on Thursday that his government is taking all efforts to ensure that in coming years the villages and poor of India have access to 24 hours electricity.
“For any nation to develop, the focus has to be on infrastructure. When we focus on infrastructure development automatically happens,” he said, adding, “In rural areas if we have to bring a qualitative change in people`s lives then we have to start with electricity.”
Talking about improving the quality of life of farmers, he said, “There can be nothing sadder than the fact that farmers have to commit suicide. I have come to Vidarbha today. I can never forget the suicides by our farmers,” adding, “Providing electricity to farmers is the first step towards providing a good quality of life to them. The effort is to ensure that in coming years the villages and poor of India have access to 24 hours electricity. Not only darkness is removed with the supply of electricity but employment is also generated.
The PM further maintained that the farmers could gain most from Jan Dhan Yojana.
On the issue corruption he said, “We have to rid India of corruption We can do it if we all come together,” and added, “Some people are uncomfortable if we talk of corruption. But how long can be be quite on it. This disease will be eradicated if we get people`s support. If the entire nation comes together we can fight corruption”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!