Will give reply at proper time and place: Chavan on Pawar`s dig
Mumbai: Stung by the dig at his style of functioning by NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said he would respond at "an appropriate time and place".
"I won`t advise him (Pawar) on what words to use," Chavan said while speaking to reporters after a meeting of the state cabinet here.
Pawar had yesterday alleged that important administrative business in the state was moving at a slow pace. Without naming Chavan, Pawar had said, "It seems that of late, the hands of those in the administration are suffering from tremors resulting in delayed clearance of files in the absence of signatures of approval."
Chavan, who is heading the Congress-NCP coalition, said, "The works which are within norms are completed immediately. The priority is for work concerning common people."
"Extra caution has to be taken for works which are outside the norms," he added.
"There has to be a distinction in works which are in the larger public interest, like infrastructure projects pending for a long time," Chavan said.
"The delay is in cases where the work (sought to be approved) is "niyambahya" (Marathi for something that is outside the legal frame) or decision where special concessions are sought," the chief minister said.
"No point discussing this further. Will give a reply at an appropriate time and appropriate place," Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'