Will not interpret Lilavati Hospital Trust deed: HC
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has held that it has no jurisdiction to hear matters pertaining to interpretation of Trust Deed on powers of trustees in regard to Lilavati Kirtilal Mehta Medical Trust which runs the multi-speciality Lilavati Hospital.
A division bench observed that in view of the bar attracted under provisions of section 80 of Bombay Public Trusts Act, it has no jurisdiction to hear matters in `Originating Summons` for interpretation of various clauses of Trust Deed on powers of trustees.
"After having considered submissions on the issue of limitation, we are of the view that it will not be appropriate for this court to render a final or conclusive determination on that aspect, in view of the finding on the absence of jurisdiction due to the bar under Section 80," observed Justices D Y Chandrachud and A A Sayed.
The judge was hearing an appeal filed by Charu Mehta, permanent trustee of Lilavati Kirtilal Mehta Medical Trust, challenging the March 5 order of a single bench of the High Court on an Originating Summons filed under the rules framed by the court.
Charu had moved the court in `Originating Summons` for interpretation of various clauses of the Trust Deed on the powers and mode for appointment of trustees, and powers of individual trustees and mode of administration of the trust.
The judges opined that in any event this is not a fit case for entertaining an `Originating Summons` and they upheld the decision of the single judge in declining to exercise his discretion.
Accordingly, the division bench dismissed the appeal filed by Charu against the single bench order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title