Will not mediate between Uddhav and Manohar Joshi: Munde
Jalna: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Saturday said he would not "mediate" to effect a patch up between senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi and party president Uddhav Thackeray.
"I will not broker to end the disagreement between the two," Munde said while replying to a query on Uddhav apparently cold-shouldering the veteran Shiv Sainik after the latter took a public dig at the party leadership over the issue of the memorial of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Munde, who had earlier proposed bringing together the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), led by Uddhav`s estranged cousin Raj Thackeray, and Shiv Sena, said he would not strive to stitch up any alliance between the two parties.
To a query on 2014 elections, Munde said there would be no change in the seat-sharing formula between alliance partners, the BJP and Shiv Sena.
BJP-Shiv Sena combine had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections on the 26/22 formula of seat sharing.
Munde was addressing reporters on the sidelines of an event which was also attended by the Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope.
Speaking on the occasion, Tope appealed to doctors to stay away from "unethical practices that tarnish the image of the noble profession".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report