Will not mediate between Uddhav and Manohar Joshi: Munde
Jalna: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Saturday said he would not "mediate" to effect a patch up between senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi and party president Uddhav Thackeray.
"I will not broker to end the disagreement between the two," Munde said while replying to a query on Uddhav apparently cold-shouldering the veteran Shiv Sainik after the latter took a public dig at the party leadership over the issue of the memorial of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Munde, who had earlier proposed bringing together the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), led by Uddhav`s estranged cousin Raj Thackeray, and Shiv Sena, said he would not strive to stitch up any alliance between the two parties.
To a query on 2014 elections, Munde said there would be no change in the seat-sharing formula between alliance partners, the BJP and Shiv Sena.
BJP-Shiv Sena combine had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections on the 26/22 formula of seat sharing.
Munde was addressing reporters on the sidelines of an event which was also attended by the Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope.
Speaking on the occasion, Tope appealed to doctors to stay away from "unethical practices that tarnish the image of the noble profession".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India